Saturday, November 21, 2015

A Small Introduction

After much consideration it seemed the best thing to do was just start over.  Fresh start.  So welcome to the Purple Martin - I know its a funky little title.  But that's us.  I'm going to do my best to honor that title and post about a variety of things that interest me and hopefully a few of you.

For those of you just tuning in here is a little bit about ourselves.

My husband and I have been married for four years - good lord how that time has flown by.  We are pretty comfortable with each other.  That happens when you work cattle together, move four times (yes once per year) and come down with the stomach flu together in a one bathroom apartment (sometimes real life can be rough!) and eventually we decided to start a family.  We welcomed a healthy baby boy this fall. To say our lives have been forever changed and how blessed we are is a huge understatement.

We fancy ourselves as farmers or ranchers depending which side of the county you live on. A couple of years ago we bought 4 Hereford heifers and slowly began building our herd.  If all goes well we will have 7 head of our own by the end of this year.  Our goal is to buy a legit farm and have our own cow/calf operation. So yes that means we will be moving again...eventually and while 7 is not a huge number we are pretty proud and it's a honest to goodness start especially when starting from scratch. We have some BIG ideas; just need time.   

In the midst of this I juggle a career and I'm learning to be a mother and not freak out at every slight noise our mini Martin makes.  My husband and I are trying to find a new balance and keep moving toward our goals.  That's the long and short of it.  

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog title! My maiden name was Martin and I love purple too, so it's hard not to think it's a cool title. :0) I look forward to hearing more about your ranching and life adventures.

    ReplyDelete